Fact No. 340. (Published on 1/9/2006)


The word "glazing" has a variety of meanings with regards to glass.

Glazing, when used as a verb, usually means to install glass into some type of frame, typically a door or window.

Builders and architects will also use glazing as a noun when referring to any glass (or plastic) pane or panel.

The putty that stained glass artists use to fill gaps between the glass and came is called glazing compound. The small, pointed metal pieces used to hold a window in place are called glazing points.

Related Websites:

Fused Glass

Since Janauary 1, 2005 there have been HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS visits to this site.